Empties November 2014!


Liz Earle Botanical Essence Eau De Parfum no.15
After receiving a sample of this perfume with my purchase of the Cleanse and Polish I knew I had to purchase the full size 50ml version, as I had never come across such an endearing smell. I would definitely say this is an autumn/winter fragrant and as I am awful at describing perfumes and their “notes”, I would recommend anyone to pop to a Liz Earle concession and give this a smell. I have heard this perfume be likened to Viktor and Rolf’s Spicebomb, but after smelling both I definitely think the L.E. perfume is nicer!
Overall 10/10
Would I buy again? YES!

& Other Stories Body Lotion in Moroccan Tea
The first time I had ever been to an & Other Stories store was this year in February and everything about the brand blew me away! I am in love with their accessories, clothing and beauty range! I originally came across a soap bar of this Moroccan Tea scent in the store and as I was about to purchase it I noticed the body lotion, which I opted for instead as I don’t tend to use soap bars and I was just buying the product for the scent! This product smells exactly like Mojitos, and since Mojitos are my favourite drink I definitely didn’t mind applying this in the evening and going to bed smelling like one! Not the best and most nourishing body lotion I’ve tried, but my incentive to buy this product was definitely for the smell! Also, the price isn’t bad as it is only £7 for 350ml.
Overall 7/10
Would I buy again? Yes

Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum
Likewise with many other products in this post, I initially bought this product due to the sweet scent, and also because I had never tried a lip scrub before and I was intrigued! This product produces short term effects and I would not recommend using it every night as I felt it sometimes made my lips feel quite sore, especially as I mainly used this product within the winter which probably was not the best idea! It is a nice little product to add to a pamper routine whilst your showering, but maybe a couple of times a week. The instructions also recommend licking off the excess scrub from your lips after use(?), which I find a bit odd as it is essentially eating the dry skin from your lips.
Overall 5/10
Would I buy again? Probably not, if so it would be to try another scent

Perricone MD No Foundation, Foundation
I can’t remember where I received this sample from but my first though was that this product was maybe a little bit gimmicky as it’s a foundation which is supposed to not look/feel like you’re wearing a foundation? I’m still confused by it. The consistency of this product is like that of a tinted moisturiser and it often made my face look wet, even when I hadn’t applied much, so I had to cover my face in translucent powder afterwards. The two overall marks are awarded for the fact that this product has an SPF of 30.
Overall 2/10
Would I buy the full size? No

bareMinerals Instant Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
This is possibly the worst eye makeup remover I have ever tried. This product just seemed to irritate my eyes, which is far from ideal and meant for me, this product definitely did not fit its purpose. This product was extremely greasy and even with my eyes closed whilst using it, I felt as if it had left a greasy coat over my eyeball and I struggled to be able to see clearly for the next 5 minutes after use! I often like bareMinerals products so I was rather disappointed with this!
Overall 0/10
Would I buy again? No

Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Honey Bath
I bought this after Christmas last year, and it came within a quartet set for only £30, which is half the price it would have originally cost. This is the perfect product to swirl into your bath, with the helpful little wooden stick you get, as the fragrant is just so relaxing. The set also includes a body moisturiser, candle and body scrub, all of which I love but haven’t used up yet.
Overall 9/10
Would I buy again? Yes! Hello Christmas sales 2014…

Bed Head Tigi Urban Anti+Dotes Recovery Shampoo
I picked up this shampoo last Christmas in the sales which came as a duo with a conditioner, for only £19. I have only just used up this shampoo which I suppose is a blessing and a curse at the same time; value for money but SO boring using the same product! The scent of this product is really nice, after I’d used it I had a flatmate ask what the smell was as it seemed to seep around the apartment!
Overall 8/10
Would I buy again? Most likely!

Botanics Bathing Enlivening Body Polish
I tried this product because I needed an exfoliator and this was the only one I managed to find in the bathroom at home. This product really disappointed me as I enjoy using polishers which have more beads to liquid, which you can really feel working on your skin, but I did not feel exfoliated or “polished” at all after using this. Also, the product shape makes it hard to get all the product out, as there is still quite a bit left in.
Overall 3/10
Would I buy again? Nope


Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should I Start a YouTube Channel?

Project Pamper

Skincare Routine